Saturday, March 11, 2017

Salutations!

My name is Nate, short for Nathaniel, shorter for Nathaniel Riley Stoughton. 

Welcome to my blog or as I like to call it, my little pocket in the vast expansion of the space-time continuum. Here I will record my every step towards creating my film opening for my AICE Media Studies class. As difficult as this project seems to be, I have high hopes in making a fantastic opening with all the resources at my disposal. 

I take many inspirations from multiple people and films themselves. My main inspiration is Quentin Tarantino, known for his horribly graphic yet exuberant storytelling techniques. The way that Tarantino sets up a film is downright awe inducing. Simple yet smart conversations introduce characters like you have known them all your life. When the plot kicks in, it is brought to you on a silver platter, with an amazing soundtrack as your side dish. What I am looking for, is a Tarantino-esque  opening, complete with his techniques, but straying away from the gruesome violence of it all. 

I cannot wait to begin working on this project and seeing as how I am going to become a film major, this is just the push I need to get started with my future career. I will be writing, storyboarding, filming, acting, and editing (with a little help from a few friends of mine) this short beginning with positive intentions and a kick-ass attitude. Nothing will stand in my way with this opening and you can bet your bottom I will overcome whatever it is that tries. 

On that note, let's get this show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment